Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunsets and Streetlight Glow

My favorite time to walk is at twilight - just as the sun is going down.  There's something special about that time of day that just makes me feel happy.  And it's not just me - there is an actual invigorating biological response to sunrise and sunset.  Even the cows on my friend's ranch get frisky and playful at sunset. It's the original "happy hour".



 The photo on the left is one that I took on an evening walk.  It was just dark enough for the photo-sensitive walkway lights to come on, but still light enough that there was a little remaining blue in the sky.  The cars on the adjacent street all had their lights on, which painted streaks of white across my scene. I love how the agave, lit by the off-camera walkway lights, looks as if it's glowing.

The photo on the right is also from an evening walk and captures the beginning of a California sunset, with beautiful (drought-tolerant) aloe plants blooming in the foreground.


No comments:

Post a Comment